Our Solutions for Head and Neck
Many head and neck cancer survivors are faced with an additional challenge: lymphedema.
Head and neck cancer treatments often lead to lymphedema – a chronic swelling condition that may be caused by damage to the lymphatic system. The swelling can be both internal and external and cause pain, reduced range of motion and difficulty swallowing, speaking and breathing.
Lymphedema can be debilitating and make it hard for survivors of head and neck cancer to start enjoying life again.
As with any chronic, progressive condition, early intervention and practical tools for daily management produce the best results.
Head and Neck Lymphedema Treatment
Flexitouch Plus provides a comfortable, effective, at-home treatment designed to help head and neck lymphedema patients get back to their lives.
The Flexitouch Plus system is clinically proven to stimulate the lymphatic system and to treat head and neck lymphedema.
The head and neck garment set is easy to use and features the clinically proven Flexitouch technology that tens of thousands of lymphedema patients rely on every day to effectively treat their extremities.
Flexitouch Plus helps reduce swelling and relieve symptoms of head and neck lymphedema with effective treatments that are:
Consistent: Unlike manual lymphatic drainage (MLD), effective treatment doesn’t depend on patient technique or ability. Repeatable results and high patient satisfaction encourage ongoing use and better outcomes.
Comfortable: Garments are made of soft, comfortable fabric while the dynamic pressure feels like a soothing massage.
Clinical evidence shows Flexitouch combined with self-management is proven to work better than self-management alone, providing better outcomes for patients.Convenient: The patient-friendly design of the head and chest garments is created for ease of use.
for Head and Neck
Empowering patients to self-manage their head and neck lymphedema from home for improved outcomes and a better quality of life.
Karen L. Herbst
“Many, many of my patients love their pump. They use them in the morning, at night…and feel very lucky.”
Tactile Medical is a leader among clinical studies and the Flexitouch system has been studied clinically in more than 1,800 patients. The Flexitouch system is clinically proven to improve clinical outcomes and reduce healthcare costs, stimulate lymphatic function, and significantly reduce edema and limb volume.
The Flexitouch Plus helps to improve the lives of patients who have struggled with the pain, swallowing, speaking and breathing difficulties brought on by head and neck lymphedema.
Register for our upcoming live webinars or take a look at past webinars and other resources for the latest research
Find out if the Flexitouch Plus system is right for you
Let’s work together to help your lymphedema patients
Need help now? We’re here for you.
Call us at 1.833.3TACTILE (1-833-382-2845)
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CT, Saturday
1. Ridner, S.H., et al., A Prospective Study of the Lymphedema and Fibrosis Continuum in Patients with Head and Neck Cancer. Lymphat Res Biol, 2016. 14(4): p. 198-205.
2. Ridner, S.H., Dietrich, M.S., Deng, J. et al. Advanced Pneumatic Compression for Treatment of Lymphedema of the Head and Neck: A Randomized Wait-List Controlled Trial. Support Care Cancer (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-020-05540-8
3. Karaca-Mandic P, Hirsch AT, Rockson SG, et al. The Cutaneous, Net Clinical, and Health Economic Benefits of Advanced Pneumatic Compression Devices in Patients With Lymphedema. JAMA Dermatol. 2015;151(11):1187–1193
4. Muluk SC, Hirsch AT, Tafe EC. Pneumatic Compression Device Treatment of Lower Extremity Lymphedema Elicits Improved Limb Volume and Patient-Reported Outcomes. EJVES. 2013; Vol. 46(4): 480–487.
5. Adams, KE, Rasmussen JC, Darne C, et al. Direct Evidence of Lymphatic Function Improvement After Advanced Pneumatic Compression Device Treatment of Lymphedema. Biomedical Optics Express. 2010; Vol. 1(1): 114–125.