Notice of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how your health information may be used and disclosed and how you can access this information.
Please review it carefully.
WHAT INFORMATION WE USE:
- Contact information, such as name, address, phone number, email, etc.
- Health and medical information
- Health insurance information
- Billing and payment information
- Any other information you may provide, such as a survey or follow-up information
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION:
- To Contact You: We may use your information to contact you by mail, phone, text or email.
- For Treatment: We may use or disclose your health information to our employees or to your healthcare professionals to evaluate your health and assess suitability of treatment with our products.
- For Payment: We may use your information to obtain payment from your health insurance plan, or another source, for products and services provided to you by Tactile Medical.
- For Healthcare Operations: We may use your information to support the day-to-day activities and management of Tactile Medical, such as budgeting and financial reporting, or activities to evaluate and promote quality.
- For Research: We may use your information for research related to the products and services provided by Tactile Medical. For example, we may evaluate the number of patients using our products with a specific clinical diagnosis. If we use or disclose your information for research, your information will be de-identified to ensure you will not be identifiable.
- To Comply with Legal Obligations: We may disclose your health information to public health agencies as required by law. We may disclose your information to law enforcement agencies to support government audits and inspections, to facilitate law enforcement investigations, and to comply with government mandated reporting. We may disclose your information in the course of administrative or judicial proceedings if needed, in response to a court order, and in certain cases, a subpoena, discovery request or other lawful processes.
- You May Request Restrictions: You can ask us not to use or share certain information for treatment, payment, or our operations; however, we are not required to agree to your request. If you pay fully out of pocket for products or services, you can ask us to not share that information for payment or operations with your health insurer.
- You May Request Confidential Communications: You can ask us to contact you in a way that maintains your confidentiality. This could include mailing communications to a different address or a request to call a specific phone number at a certain time.
- You May Review or Copy Information: You can ask us to see or to provide you with a copy of your medical record and other health information we maintain. We require requests to inspect or copy health information be submitted in writing by contacting our privacy officer, as allowed by federal regulation. Your request will be reviewed and will generally be approved unless there is a legal, medical or some other reason to deny the request.
- You May Ask Us to Make a Correction: If you think information we maintain about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can ask us to correct that information.
- You May Get a List of Those with Whom We Have Shared Information: You can ask us for a list of what health information we’ve shared about you, who we shared it with and why. This does not include disclosure for the purposes of treatment, payment and healthcare operations, and certain other disclosures.
- You May Receive a Printed Copy of This Notice: You can ask for a printed copy of this notice at any time, and we will provide you with one.
- You May File a Complaint: If you feel your rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights or with Tactile Medical. See the “Complaints” section of this notice for more information.
Tactile Medical is required by law to provide you with this Notice of Privacy Practices. We are also required to maintain the privacy of your protected health information using a variety of administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect you and your information. We are required to abide by the privacy policies and practices that are outlined in this notice, and to notify you in the event of a breach of your protected health information.
WE MAY REVISE OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES:
As permitted by law, we may modify our privacy policies and practices. Upon request, we will provide you with the most recently revised Notice of Privacy Practices. The revised privacy policies and practices will be applied to all protected health information we maintain from that point forward.
HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT:
You may file a complaint with the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights using the following contact information:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights
200 Independence Avenue SW, Washington D.C. 20201
You may file a complaint with Tactile Medical using the following contact information:
Tactile Medical, Attn: Privacy Officer
3701 Wayzata Blvd, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55416
- 1.833.3TACTILE (1-833-382-2845)
- [email protected]
You will not be penalized or retaliated against for filing a complaint.
For questions or further information regarding our privacy practices, contact the privacy officer at Tactile Medical at 1.833.3TACTILE (1-833-382-2845). For more information about privacy, use and disclosure of information, and your privacy rights, visit: hhs.gov/hipaa/for-individuals/notice-privacy-practices