California Privacy Notice
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, California residents have specific rights regarding their personal information, including the right to disclosure and deletion of personal information in certain circumstances. This notice explains those rights and supplements the information contained in our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Tactile Medical collects personal information about individuals who are recommended for or obtain our products. This information is used for the following reasons:
- To contact you
- For treatment purposes
- To obtain payment
- For healthcare operations
- For research
- For marketing purposes
- To comply with any legal obligations
Tactile Medical obtains this information directly from customers in the process of obtaining our products and from other healthcare organizations involved in the treatment or care of our customers, such as clinician offices. Tactile also obtains information from health insurance companies for billing purposes.
Tactile Medical does not sell personal information, including personal information of minors.
If you are a customer of Tactile Medical, we may have collected the following categories of personal information through our website, mobile application, or other services within the past 12 months.
PERSONAL INFORMATION CATEGORIES
- Name and other personal identifiers:
– Telephone number
– Email address
– Date of birth
– Social Security number
– Driver’s license
– Or other similar identifiers
- Personal characteristics such as age, sex, medical conditions, etc.
- Medical information
- Health insurance information
- Financial information
- Biometric information, such as body measurements
- Internet or other electronic information
- Geographical information
- Audio, visual or similar information, such as phone call recordings
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION NOT INCLUDED UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT INCLUDE:
- Information that is publicly available
- De-identified consumer information
- Health or medical information covered under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, or clinical trial data
RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
- California residents have the right to request a disclosure of personal information maintained by businesses for the past 12-month period.
If requested, Tactile Medical will send you a disclosure including the following information, up to twice annually:
– The categories of your personal information we have collected
– The categories of sources from which we have obtained your personal information
– Our business purpose for collection your personal information
– The categories of third parties that we have shared your personal information with
– The categories of personal information we disclose for business purposes
– Specific personal information we have obtained about you.
- California residents have the right to request a deletion of personal information from business records.
– As allowed under the California Consumer Privacy Act, Tactile Medical may deny a request to delete personal information if the information is needed to comply with other laws and regulations or is needed for a business purpose.
- California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third party buyers.
– Tactile Medical does not sell personal information to third parties.
- California residents have the right to non-discrimination for exercising any right under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
– Tactile Medical will not discriminate against a California resident for exercising any right under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
SUBMITTING A REQUEST
If you are a California resident and you want to submit a request to Tactile Medical regarding your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you or your authorized agent can call our privacy line at 1.833.382.2845 ext. 55211 or visit us at https://tactilemedical.com/patients/patient-contact-us/ to request someone in the Compliance Department contact you regarding a privacy concern. You do not need to create an account to submit a request with us.
Please be advised, to accommodate your request, Tactile Medical must be able to verify your identity. If your identity cannot be verified, the request will be denied.
Your request will be confirmed within 10 business days and we will respond to a request within 45 calendar days, unless we need more time. If we need more time, we will notify you, and will respond to your request within an additional 45 calendar days, for a maximum total of 90 calendar days.
For more information on our privacy practices and information on how to file a complaint, please visit https://tactilemedical.com/privacy-statement/.
Privacy Line: 1.833.382.2845 ext 55211