The Flexitouch Plus system is designed for at-home treatment of lymphedema, chronic edema and chronic wounds. This guide provides the information needed to set up and use your Flexitouch Plus system.
Flexitouch Plus Program Options for head & Neck
ABOUT HEAD, NECK & CHEST TREATMENT
This program provides therapy to the head, neck and chest areas. The therapy begins with stimulation to adjacent healthy lymph node groups in the chest and axilla to allow for optimal lymph drainage of the head, neck and face.
How it works:
1. Chest and Neck: directs fluid from the neck and the chest, toward the underarm (axilla); cycle repeats
2. Head: directs fluid from head and face toward the neck; cycle repeats
3. Head, Neck and Chest: directs fluid from head, neck and face proximally toward the healthy regions of the chest, in one continuous motion; cycle repeats
Indications for use:
- Primary Lymphedema
- Post mastectomy edema
- Edema following trauma and sports injuries
- Post immobilization edema
- Venous insufficiency
- Reducing wound healing time
- Treatment and assistance in healing stasis dermatitis, venous stasis ulcers, or arterial and diabetic leg ulcers