A Prospective Preliminary Study Examining the Physiological Impact of Pneumatic Compression Dosing in the Treatment of Lower Extremity Lymphedema
A prospective preliminary study to assess the comparative efficacy of varying treatment frequency and duration.
- Subjects were randomized to 3 treatment groups
- Group A: 1 hour treatment with Flexitouch once daily
- Group B: 1 hour treatment with Flexitouch twice daily
- Group C: 2 hour treatment with Flexitouch twice daily
- At day 5, Group A, with the lowest therapy time, showed a statistically significant reduction in limb volume.
- Reduction in limb volume was noted in the contralateral limb despite treatment not being applied to that limb