Reducing Risk from Coronavirus, COVID-19
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has brought unprecedented challenges to our communities and we, at Tactile Medical, are committed to continuing to provide the highest standard of service. Our Mission, to help people with chronic diseases live better and care for themselves at home, stands above all else as we continue to serve our clinicians and patients during this dynamic time. Our ultimate goal is the safety of our patients, employees and medical professionals while ensuring patients can access the medical devices they need to continue to treat their chronic conditions at home. To meet this goal and the needs of our customers, we are taking important actions to mitigate potential risks created by COVID-19.
In addition to following the preventative measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), our actions include:
- Adjusting our work and operations to keep our employees safe while continuing to serve our clinicians and patients.
- Implementing remote and flexible work arrangements for employees wherever possible.
- Initiating employee travel restrictions to reduce exposure.
- Postponing large medical education programs, conducting virtual meetings whenever possible and,
- When in-person visits are required, we are supporting customers and patients by using our rigorous infection control practices.
We will continue to work with our clinician customers and payers to secure devices for the patients referred to us. In many cases we can get their treatment started without delay. In those with more challenging payer requirements, we are offering options to start their treatment as soon as is safe and practical.
Tactile Medical is a strong and determined team, committed to helping patients while keeping the health and safety of our customers and employees our top priority. With everyone’s help and support, we will get through this together.